Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cell Phone Chess

Rogers has all kinds of games and programs to download, and since I got a new cell phone recently, I figured I'd try it out. $5 seemed like a good deal, so I downloaded the Chess program they have... "Medieval Knights".


For a five dollar program downloaded to a phone, it's not bad, but it poses little challenge to anyone but a beginner. Nonetheless, it's a good distraction on the way to work if I have nothing else to do.

If you're someone who's trying to learn Chess, it would be worth it just to get the experience of a few extra games here and there. It will definitely teach you when you make mistakes, because it takes advantage of them quickly, so there's some benefit there for sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger sciurus said...

Yes, with these little gadgets being around you can play chess everywhere and anytime. This was also a reason for me to install Rockbox - now I can play chess on my mp3 player.
Would be better with internet, though. Did anyone here try to play on a correspondence chess server or even FICS using a wireless PDA or smartphone?

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online chess

Play Chess with me now!

Online chess

Online chess